Saturday 18 July 2015

TOMATOES IN WINTER

Due to being away from home for most of our tomato harvest this year, I had to get creative if I wanted to use them up.   I used my amazing Squeezo to de-seed and skin the crop then I froze them in large containers all ready to make tomato sauce.

It had taken me this long to actually get it done and we couldn't be happier having yummy homemade sauce in the home again.


We are looking at purchasing an extra freezer (chest) to replace the fridge/freezer that was in the shed.  Just trying to weigh up convenience and savings of being able to buy bulk over the running costs.  I nearly bought one on our local buy, swap & sell but pulled out and decided to buy new instead.  I just didn't want to take the risk of it not working once we got it home, you hear that happening all the time with second hand white goods, so more saving for me.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, the sauce looks great. Yes, we bought a second hand fridge for our smoko room at work and it only lasted about 6 months. Should have sunk the $150 into a new one back then...

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue