Saturday 18 July 2015

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW? I"M BACK

I didn't think I would be with so many work commitments and upheavals this year but I am right back on track and if you are still checking in, I'm here to stay.  I can't say the same for my craft blog, I'm unsure what to do there but I'm sure it will come to me.

I'm not going to go into detail about what I've been going though but with the start of a new financial year we are in a position for me to give up one of my jobs, you see I like my job but it's extremely inflexible when it comes to time off and time is what I will be needing due to Lachie getting into the State under 15's cricket squad.  There's so much time in Adelaide and I can't tell you how stressed I have been trying to navigate this.  Also, there's Sophie's dance, she wants to try competitions away and as it stands we simply can't do it as I can't get time off or change shifts so we are biting the bullet, getting back to living simply and being frugal.

I have spent a couple of weeks taking a hard look at our budget and with some cut-backs and being able to pay registrations for 12 months with tax money, we can get by.  I can't tell you how excited I am for this change and this week while I'm still working I will be bulk buying certain products to make soap, bread etc.


I've spent a lot of time in the garden getting my beds up to scratch for planting, they are all sown out now and I look forward to seeing some plants popping through.  Today we purchased 3 new chooks so we have 5 again which will see us right for eggs for all of that cooking I will now have time for.

Got to love freecycle, I picked up this sink to go on a frame I had that had a rotted wood top, now I have a potting, cleaning bench, just perfect for my needs.


I hope to give notice next week and then there's no going back and I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue