Saturday 13 June 2009

BREAKFAST

Breakfast is a bit of a contentious issue in this household. DH has never had breakfast, he just gets dressed for work and goes, and surprise surprise, he's hungry by mid morning!
I have always had breakfast and no matter how small, the kids eat breakfast also. Why? Because I believe it jump starts your body, your brain, and sustains you until your next meal.
Over the last week, I have put DH on a calorie controlled diet, I am responsible for his meals so therefore am making him have breakfast every day. He's not complaining, well apart from the fact that he has to get up 10 minutes earlier to eat the breakfast that is.
It is sustaining him until lunch and I have finally proven my point.

So what do I eat for breakfast? Believe it or not I eat the same breakfast nearly every morning and never get sick of it, it's a smoothie made from 1 banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries (sometimes I use mixed berries) and 1/2 cup of Pura lite-start milk. Wizz it all together and there you have it, a healthy, nutritious breakfast that definately does not leave me hungry mid-morning.

What are your breakfast habbits? Leave me a comment, I would love to know.

1 comment:

  1. good morning! It will be when you read this I imagine...
    breakfast here.
    wheetabix
    or porridge
    or English muffins with avocado
    some sort of fruit is usually involved every morning and recently that fruit has been kiwis, watermelon, cantaloupe, and cherries.
    This is about it since Willow showed up in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue