Sunday 7 June 2009

I WONDER

So I wonder how many people are interested in this blog? I mean, health and fitness are my passion but I'm not so sure that too many people feel that way.
Let me tell you about my day....
I have been fighting the flu for the last week, something I don't usually get. I have been running and running for the last couple of months and I know that I have been stressed and not looking out for myself. I'm now working 2 jobs again, although part time, I do feel that I have taken on a bit too much. The flu has made me slow down, my body needed it and it's definitely time to get a little more organised and find some time just for me.
Today I went to our karate tournament, I did not participate in this one as I've found it hard to get to training this term with the extra work and all. I watched the senior girls fight full contact , no gloves and thought "thank god I'm not fighting" It was not the reaction I was after, I wanted to be thinking "I wish I was out there giving it a go". Now I am in two minds about even going back. You see all of the other senior girls are about 15 years younger than me, scary isn't it? I don't think of myself as old and I certainly give as much as I take but I am noticing the injuries and the time they take to heal and I'm starting to wonder if it's all worth it.
I will sleep on it and hopefully when I get up tomorrow and do my skipping, boxing and punching bag workout I might have a little more focus as to what I want in regards to my karate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in this blog. Part of the reason is because I know you, and I am interested in reading about how and what you are doing. but that's not just it. I come here and am inspired to be healthier and try to do more. I understand the feeling though of having taken on too much, and I am finding it hard to find any time for me at all. oh well. In the summer. There is nothing I can do to change my schedule.
    I hope you find peace in what ever you decide to do with karate. You can still do karate if you wanted, in a less physical style. Or is it the contact that appeals to you?
    Hope you have a good week Sue.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue