Sunday 8 April 2012

TASTY TREATS AND GARDEN HAPPENINGS

Hi, did you miss me? Nothing like a short holiday away from the screen. To be honest, I just haven't felt like blogging lately, there's been a few posts over at One Crafty Habitat but that was all I managed.

Here are some lovely (very rich) Easter treats that the kids and I made up yesterday.

Early this morning after 2 of the children had risen, I made my way out into the vege patch. I picked the last of the tomatoes and pulled the bushes, I dug soil over and added manure then planted carrot, broccoli, peas and beetroot seed and a bed of garlic.

The last of our sweet smelling basil (I will miss you so much over winter).

The beetroot are starting to take off.

The green manure in 3 of the beds is growing well.

The beginnings of 2 new pea beds. This is where I was growing loganberries but to be honest, they weren't that successful, the thorns were terrible and we didn't really like the taste so I ripped them out today and my hands should be fully recovered in a couple of days.


The girls helping out in the hot house with a slater problem.

So there's a glimpse of what I've been up to, I hope you have a lovely Easter break.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to try the green manure technique too. I discussed it with my parents today. I was asking where I could get lucerne or lupin seeds from for my garden bed...I think they are good plants for green manure.
    I have beetroot planted and it is doing well, planted some broccoli too. A bit of rain would be nice right now :)

    Our chooks love slaters!

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue