Thursday 14 March 2013

BACK IN BLOGGY LAND

After a well rested break from the land of blog, I think it's about time I show you what's been happening around here.  I have to be honest, I've been so busy with the kids sports and other activities that I just haven't felt like blogging but it's onward and upwards from now on.

After a late hot spell the vege patch took a major hit, I watered but obviously not enough and lost most of our tomatoes, pumpkins and zucchini.   I am hoping for another flourish now that the weather is back to normal.

I swapped these pumpkins and squash with a local girl I'm getting to know for a large bag of tomatoes for saucing, some carrots and turnips.


Today I pulled out dead tomato plants and added compost and chook poo to the beds. Tomorrow I will plant carrot and beetroot seeds in the empty beds now that the soil has cooled down.
 
In the kitchen this week I tried my hand at sushi rolls, they were fun to make and definately something I will do often.
 
 
I made tuna, mayo, asparagus and avocado rolls and teriyaki chicken, asparagus and avocado. Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you again Sue, missed your posts.
    Good looking veggies there, my Delicate did no good this year at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that it's cooled off a bit - it really takes it toll on everything.
    Sushi is great, isn't it - nice and healthy and just something different. The combinations are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue,

    Is it just me who can't see any writing? All I see are photos and a black background.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue