Wednesday 15 April 2009

SUPPLIMENTS

I personally don't believe in taking lots of different suppliments because if you are eating a fresh, healthy, balanced diet then your body should be getting most of the nutrients it needs.
That being said, I do take a few carefully sourced suppliments that help me in certain ways.
Suppliments I take:
Celery and juniper is a natural anti-inflamatory that I take for my back issues, these are not taken on a regular basis, only when needed.

Glycine is a non-essential amino acid that helps detoxify the liver, encourages muscle tissue growth and converts glucose into energy. Your body does produce it's own glycine but I do find extra to be helpful to me.

Once a day multi-vitamin can assist in areas you may be lacking through diet and environmental issues, I find these are helpful for me for a couple of reasons one being that I don't eat red meat and sometimes don't get enough iron from what I eat.

There is definately a place for well chosen suppliments to suit your own body but there is also a lot of rubbish out there that you can waste your money on and have no benefits to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sue,
    I take an iron supplement sometimes as well and the best one by far for me is Floradix or floravital. do you know them? liquid type, no preservatives and the one has added herbs to it. Works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Individuals over the age of 65 with low supplement D levels are at increased risk for cool fractures and reduced muscle mass and strength. ingredients for hair vitamins

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue