Sunday 6 September 2009

I'M BACK

I'm sorry about the lack of posts over at this blog lately, things will be changing though. I did try to post over the last 2 weeks but we have had an amazing amount of internet problems that are thankfully fixed now.

My patch is growing beautifully and this week I will be harvesting beetroot and broccoli. I will be trying out a new recipe for preserving my beetroot and blanching then freezing the broccoli.

Over at my other blog a while ago I started knitting (this bug seems to hit me every winter yet I never seem to finish anything). Well, it took me 3 weeks but I have finished my first dish cloth, only 13 more to go. The idea behind knitting cotton dish cloths is that they are kinder to the environment as you are not throwing out sponges or bought cloths. They are cleaner as they are washed every 2nd day, hence why I need lots and no nasty germs have a chance to breed. They are small and I can practice my knitting and it doesn't matter if I make a mistake.
I am making cloths in other colours for cleaning eg bathroom cloths, so they do not get mixed up.

Do you like my laughing broccoli? He smiles at me when ever I'm doing the dishes.

This week I received these 2 books in the post. I have wanted Amanda's books for ages so finally decided to buy them. They are beautiful books full of down to earth knowledge from a most amazing woman. I have been reading her blog for a couple of years now and I love her simple way of living.

I laughed when I turned the pages of Amanda's new book and came across this beautiful project, look familiar?

here is mine made a few weeks ago...

1 comment:

  1. she's baaaack!
    well hello. But this post seems more like it belongs on your creat blog.... not your exercise blog!! lol
    Glad to hear you got the line fixed. Will be back for that ever present inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue