Wednesday 28 September 2011

IN OUR KITCHEN TODAY

So sorry for not being around much but I have been flat out busy preparing for markets (as seen over at SUE*SEWN).

Today I really need to concentrate on preserving excess vegetables. Here's my list....

:: freeze avocados - mash avocado, add lemon juice & freeze in portions.
:: dry mushrooms - dehydrator.
:: zucchinis - make vege bake and freeze in portions.
:: carrots - blanche then freeze.
I will also be making soup, slow cooked curried sausages, bread and cakes for school snacks.
EDITED TO ADD
I've also shelled peas and blanched broccoli and made a huge pot of chicken stock in the pressure cooker. I'll be doing it this way from now on, it's so fast!
I don't think I will get the rest done today, too much other stuff to do.

3 comments:

  1. Busy, Busy!!
    The veggies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I adore fresh peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine how much better your frozen peas and carrots will taste compared to bought ones.
    Well done!

    jOOLZ

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue