Tuesday 17 August 2010

VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS


These spring rolls are a great way to get those extra vegetables into the kids. No deep frying here either and they taste great.

cooking spray
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
600g chinese cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 cup beansprouts
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
spring roll wrappers, thawed
sauce to serve, we used sweet chilli

Preheat oven to 180, spray 2 trays with oil.
Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat and add onion and garlic.
Cook until soft, add cabbage, carrot and zucchini and cook until cabbage is wilted.
Remove from heat add beansprouts and soy sauce.
Place a wrapper on a flat surface with 1 corner facing you. Place 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture along the centre of the wrapper.
Roll and fold the wrapper, add water to the remaining corner to seal.
Spray rolls with oil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp.
Serve with sauce.

4 comments:

  1. I love that these are baked not fried. They look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only looking for a oven baked spring roll recipe the other day. I'll have to try these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh! We LOVE spring rolls! I've never made my own, though (yes, I'm feeling ashamed.) I am SO going to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing. : ) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, I saw these on your blog the other day and the daughter and I made some for tea last night! We hadn't made them before, but they went down great, very tasty and a great way to use up different ingredients from the garden! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue