Wednesday 22 December 2010

NUTS ABOUT NUTS


One thing I love about Christmas time are the nuts. It's the only time of year we can get nuts in shells down here. They are fresh and yummy and there's something about having to crack them open to get the yumminess out that appeals to me.

My Dad gets it, he knows where I'm coming from. The rest of my family ask why I can be bothered when I can get perfectly good shelled nuts from down the shop. What can I say? It's something I look forward to every year, Dad and I will be busy cracking nuts open on Christmas day and gobbling them all up and the rest of my family will get none because they laugh at us.

3 comments:

  1. I love the big fresh cherries at Christmas time... nuts in their shells, not so much!

    How good is the weather? - finally some comfortable living weather.

    Enjoy your Christmas,

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat nuts but Tony would be with you all the way! For me it's the mangoes and grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nuts and only buy them at Christmas. It is so much fun picking out the meat.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue