Tuesday 12 April 2011

IT WAS A DAY OF COOKING AND CLEANING

The pantry had a bit of a makeover and now all of the preserves are together on a shelf where I can see what I have.
You may think it's a little odd to be cooking up lots of yummy goodies with bananas at the moment considering they are $14/kg. Well I happened to be in the right place at the right time the other day and grabbed a big bag full of ripe bananas for $3!!!! I couldn't believe my luck as I haven't had a banana in weeks, they just got past the point of me being able to afford them.

Banana and Raspberry Bread
Banana Cake with Choc/Vanilla Icing
I also picked up a big bag full of pears, I made rollups for the kids with those and a bag of tomatoes, both for $3 each, and made up a batch of passata. I wish I could come across bargains like these every week.

3 comments:

  1. You are opposite seasons of us. As your pantry gets a face lift and new life on it, our is diminishing and in need of cleaning. It is so lovely to see other pantries and what they all do. Your bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting those bargains.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue