Monday 19 December 2011

2012 PLANS, GOALS ETC.

Thank you for your well wishes yesterday, I think it was a 24 hour bug as while I'm not feeling myself, I'm certainly a lot better.

As I spent the day on the couch I had time to reflect how far I'd come this year and what my goals would be in 2012. I'm not into New Year's resolutions as such. I believe when the time is right for change then make the change don't wait for the start of a new year to do it.

The good thing about being sick is that I have been about to break the cycle of my one addiction (aside from all of my craft addictions that is), diet coke!!!! I loathe myself for drinking it and every day I wake up saying that I won't touch the poison, yet for some reason I have been unable to break free from it's chemical claws. I am feeling very strong (just the thought of diet coke makes me want to vomit) and I know that a week from now I won't crave it anymore.

I try really hard to feed my family from scratch, some days this feels impossible, but with the school holidays started, I feel more in control and will certainly be stepping up my efforts to produce great wholesome, non-processed foods that my family will all enjoy. I am on holidays from work for 7 weeks also, this gives me time to do just what I want to do to become more self reliant and see how much money I can save by being at home.
As the day has worn on I am feeling much better, so much so that I went out and picked the plums before the birds get them. I am always amazed this time of year how many birds are around that are never here any other time. They wait until the fruit is just right and before you get a chance to pick it, it's gone. This happens year after year to a huge plum tree at the back of our property. It's too big to net so timing of the picking has to be spot on. I have been monitoring the fruit for the last couple of weeks and now is definately the time to grab some. I hope to hop up a ladder tomorrow to collect some more.

I'm off to wash my fruit and make some yummy jam.

2 comments:

  1. plum jam sounds yummy Sue. Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plums look delicious. Good for your for getting off the Diet Coke - that stuff is nasty.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue