Wednesday 8 February 2012

APOTHECARY CUPBOARD

Yesterday I spent some time cleaning out and moving my late 1800's meatsafe back down into the kitchen. As I looked at it, I couldn't quite decide what to place in it. This cupboard has been in most rooms of our home and as housed lots of different things like quilts, books, china, toys and odds and ends.
By the end of the day, I still didn't know what to put in it until I woke up this morning and saw Amanda's post over at Soulemama about how she had turned a dresser into a kitchen apothecary. What a perfect idea to house oils, herbs and other natural ingredients in one place. When I grow out of this cupboard, I have my eye on the other antique cabinet in our kitchen that is much larger but at the moment it houses some very sentimental china from my grandmother that I don't have anywhere else to store.
I'm off to gather my bits and pieces for my apothecary.

4 comments:

  1. Love those old cupboards-they have so many uses. Yours is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cupboards...We have an old meat safe in our dining room and a lead light that is waiting patiently in the shed for a bit of TLC. It came from our family farm :)

    That would be a great way to use your cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both of your cupboards Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cupboard and what you are going to use it for. I wish I had one and the room for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue