I'm setting myself a goal to bake something every day. I'm doing this for a number of reasons.
* to stop spending extra at the supermarket on baked goods.
* to have fresh snacks every day for the kids at and after school.
* to use up more of our constant egg supply.
* to improve my cooking skills.
* to avoid preservatives, additives and colours.
Yesterday I made a batch of small cakes (yes I know you only see 4, it was yesterday after all)
Today I baked a loaf of bread, the kids will be home from school in an hour and they will demolish it pretty quickly. There's nothing like warm, fresh bread with butter spread on top.
I had a conversation with a friend today who mentioned how thankless baking was because as soon as she made something, it was gone. Maybe my mind-set is different because I don't think it's thankless at all, I love seeing my family gobble down nutritious yummy food and thanking me all the while for making it for them.
What do you think?